Oral Pathology, 6th Edition
This Elsevier app-book is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
THIS APP-BOOK includes unique functions such as:
- A powerful search
- Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
- High resolution pictures
- Notes and picture notes
About this title
Covering pathologic conditions by clinical appearance, Oral Pathology: Clinical Pathologic Correlations, 6th Edition uses an atlas-style format to help you identify, diagnose, and plan treatment for oral disease presentations. Two-page spreads include clinical photos of common conditions on one side while the facing page lists the central features, causes, and significance of each specific disease. Each chapter is organized by clinical appearance, such as white lesions, red-blue lesions, and cysts of the jaws and neck, and includes full-color photomicrographs and clinical photos to help you identify pathologic elements. This edition adds new coverage of oral cancer and new cone beam CT, regular CT, and MRI images. Expert authors Joseph Regezi, James Sciubba, and Richard Jordan provide a quick reference thatÕs ideal for the lab, NBDE review, or chairside use!
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Advanced imaging techniques include images such as CBCTs (cone beam computed tomography), regular CTs, and MRIs, reflecting the transition from a 2-dimensional to a 3-dimensional approach in acquiring data and reconstructing images, and helping you identify and assess disease entities -- especially tumors of the salivary glands, jaws, and soft tissues.
- Expanded sections on etiology, treatment, and diagnosis of oral cancer (HPV) describe how subtypes can play an important role in the development and natural history of some head and neck cancers, most notably those arising in the oropharynx.
- Expanded section on bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws helps you effectively manage patients taking bisphosphonates to prevent bone loss, including information on oral complications, risk factors, and benefits.
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively. A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including: Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries; Meningomyelocele; Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
- Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
- An atlas-style Clinical Overview section makes it easy to find key information, with one page showing clinical photos of common conditions and the facing page listing symptoms, causes, and significance.
- Organization by clinical appearance -- such as including all red-blue lesions in one chapter along with possible causes -- matches what you would expect to see upon a patient's presentation, and provides a practical tool for developing differential diagnoses and planning treatment.
- Hundreds of full-color clinical photographs and radiographsdepict specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios.
- Full-color photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on the clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions.
Authors: By Joseph A. Regezi, DDS, MS, James J. Sciubba, DMD, PhD and Richard C. K. Jordan, DDS, MSc, PhD, FRCD(C), FRCPATH